nbn™ offers three wholesale traffic classes to phone and internet service providers (TC1, TC2 and TC4), which we then use to create products to sell directly to you. Each traffic class has a different primary purpose;
TC1 is primarily used to support voice services, specifically Voice over IP (VoIP), and is designed to provide access to the following features:
• A Committed Information Rate (CIR) at the wholesale level – designed to support voice communication quality.
• Symmetrical wholesale download and upload speeds – designed to help make voice communication seamless.
• Appropriate wholesale bandwidth allocation – designed to make voice communication cost-effective.
TC2 is designed to provide access to high performance data for applications and services that require consistent, predictable download and upload speed requirements – including video conferencing, network traffic over virtual private network (VPN), e-commerce and business-critical cloud services. TC2 has been designed to provide access to the following features:
• A Committed Information Rate (CIR) at a wholesale level – designed to help make performance for your data services consistent.
• Symmetrical wholesale download and upload speeds – designed to help make interactive applications like video conferencing seamless.
• Defined latency, jitter and loss characteristics – as listed in the Wholesale Broadband Agreement (WBA) helping enable a better business grade service.
TC4 is designed primarily for general internet and standard data services and has the following features:
• Available across all access technologies.
• Asymmetrical wholesale download and upload speeds
• A ‘best effort’ service suitable for non-critical business data applications
Members Telecom will advise the Traffic Class and speed available to your premises.